Friday, January 5, 2024

Bright Young Women by Jessica Knoll

 It's 1978 and a serial killer is on the lose in the pacific northwest. A group of young women at University of Florida in Tallahassee are about to become victims of brutality as a killer enters into a sorority with the intention to take lives. The sorority president Pamela catches a glimpse of the killer and finds the bodies of her friends. 

On the other side of the county in Seattle,  Tina befriends Ruth. The
y quickly form a tight friendship and then Ruth goes missing. Tina makes it her mission to find out what happened to her beloved friend and when she finds out about the violence that took place in Florida she heads out there convinced it's the same murdered.

This book is over 400 hundred pages long and let me tell you - you feel every single page of it. It really drags. It's difficult to relate to the characters and often the voices are so similar it's hard to determine who is "talking". 

I usually enjoy books of the true crime nature or thrillers but this one was a struggle for me complete. I found myself skimming pages and just hoping to get to the conclusion. This was NOT a book for me. Usually I DNF books such as these but I pushed myself and it took over month to read. 


No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...