Thursday, October 27, 2022

The Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes Novel by Suzanne Collins

I read this book back in May of 2020. I didn't quite like it but I decided to reread and I am glad that I did. 

I went in with a different perspective and while I still don't like who Snow becomes - a perspective on him as a young adult and how the Hunger Games changed and developed based on ideas Snow and the other students adds a lot to the entire series. It is quite brilliant and a little frightening. I enjoyed reading about the students as mentors for the tributes and how the dealt with being put in that position.

The characters are well developed and some are reminiscent of other characters from The Hunger Games series. I am actually now interested and excited to see the movie. This book left me hungry for more. I want to know how new areas came about, how games were further developed and I want to know how about other Hunger Games and how they played out. 




No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...