Tuesday, October 18, 2022

The Butcher and the Wren Book by Alaina Urquhart

 The Butcher and the Wren is written by the podcast host of Morbid. I have tried to listen to Morbid multiple times but I never cared much for it. It never held my interest and they talk way too much for my liking. I've never listened to more than one full episode but I figured I would take a chance on this book and I am glad I did. 

The story is told from the perspective of Wren, the killer and the victims. The killer's stories are much more interesting to read. You get a view of how he works and thinks. The insight into the victims and what they are going through is thrilling, frightening and a bit sick. 

Wren Muller is a forensic pathologist and up until recently there hasn't been a case that couldn't be solved. Wren and the detectives are at a loss. They have a serial killer in their midst and missing people.  Wren is determined to close the case and catch the guy but at what cost?

This book is a decent read. It has unexpected twist but ends abruptly. 






Twist (Wren was the student) don't post that 

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...