Thursday, April 14, 2022

A Father's Dream: My Family's Journey in Music by Abraham Quintanilla

 I have never been a huge fan of Abraham Quintanilla. I always found him to be egotistical as a result of that I didn't purchase this book. I borrowed it. In fact, I never would have read this book if it hadn't been for the podcast Anything for Selena in which he grants Maria Garcia an interview. 

A Father's Dream: My Family's Journey in Music is gives Selena fans a look into some private family moments and a look into the love a father had for this daughter. The memories of Selena flow off the pages with love and tenderness. The funny moments give shine to a star who is gone. The trial portion provides information I wasn't aware of  making me angry. The family grief fills the pages and those passages make the book seem physically heavier. 

The last portion of the book is filled with memories from Selena's siblings and mother. Abraham hardly mentions Chris Perez once again proving that he has no love or respect for Chris. The man his daughter loved. Moments through the book paint him in an ugly light which wasn't surprising to me at all. There is way too much religious content for my liking. 

I dislike him more after reading this but I also respect the love he has for Selena. He expresses his grief and shares it with Selena fans. If you are interested in this book check it out from the library or borrow if from a friend. It's not worth the $26.44 price. 




No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...