Friday, October 30, 2020

Younger by Pamela Redmon Satran

 This is the book that inspired the TV series, Younger but it falls short. I loved the series and am addicted to it so when I was given an opportunity to listen to it on audible for free, I jumped at it and boy was I disappointed.

This is one of those super rare instances in which the TV show is better than the book. The characters are quite different and as a result of that so are the arcs.  I didn't really care for any of the characters in the book but this could possibly be because the TV series has been done such a good job that I can't imagine the characters any other way!  

 If you aren't familiar with this story, it's about a 40+ year old woman who re-enters the work force after having left it to raise her daughter.  She presents herself as a young 20 something to get  a job in publishing. She also gets involved in a relationship with a 20 something man named, Josh who doesn't know her real age.  This leaves,  Alice juggling a lot of balls in the air and it's only a matter of time before the fall.






No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...