Saturday, August 1, 2020

The Beauty in Breaking: A Memoir by Michele Harper | Jul 7, 2020

I love medical drama and I wrongly assumed that this would be filled with it. It's more about a personal journey filled in with medical issues.

Harper had a rough childhood and growing up was challenging at best. Medical graduation should have been a shinning moment but personal matters took some of that shine away.

Her personal life and her yoga ramblings take up a large portion of the book but I wanted to know more about the trials of being a ER doctor and read about more than just a few cases in which she learned a life lesson from.

This book isn't for me but I can see how others would appreciate it. I would classify this more as a self help book rather than a memoir.

It's an easy read but I did skim over lots of yoga talk but don't let that sway you from some powerful and compelling cases such as the gun shot victim and a female military member who was raped while serving our country.

No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...