Wednesday, July 29, 2020

One of Us Is Lying (One of Us Is Lying #1) by Karen M. McManus

Five high school students find themselves in detention but soon one will be dead and the other four will be suspects in a murder. 

The story unravels as each character's point of view is revealed and with that secrets, fears, flaws and lies are divulged, making a cast of interesting yet stereotypical characters (which I didn't mind at all).  

Characters grow, evolve and learn life lessons. This is a book, I could easily see turning into a binge worthy Netflix series!      

There is something nostalgic about this book with a mix or modern day that made me feel that I was a teenager back in school,  watching it unfold,  snickering in the hallways with my friends and contemplating who the guilty party is and suspecting everyone! 

Super fast read, can be read easily in one day or less! Don't leave this in your to be read pile as long as I did.

No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...