Sunday, June 14, 2020

Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane


Ask Again, Yes is about two families who live side by side. They are The Gleesons and The Stanhopes.

Both fathers are cops and the children have formed a friendship. Kate and Peter have a strong bond but one night tragedy strikes and Peter is thrust into a different world - a world far from Kate.

The trauma from the tragedy changes everyone's lives and the majority of the book focuses on this. 

I liked the book but I didn't love it. I had a difficult time connecting with characters but that didn't mean I didn't have empathy for them. I felt very frustrated with some of their actions and things seemed a bit too coincidental for my liking. The ending leaves way too many questions but I can understand why it's become a popular read as it is well written and tackles a variety of subjects. 

No comments:

Before We Were Strangers by Renee Carlino

 Grace and Matt met during their senior year at NYU. They became quick friends, formed a strong bond and feel in love. College graduation, c...