Friday, July 18, 2008

Things I Want My Daughters to Know: A Novel by Elizabeth Noble


This is a tear jerker... I'm not sure if it is the writing itself or that I can relate.

This novel is quite touching.

I was able to feel the pain that the characters felt due to the untimely death of their mother. She leaves behind letters and a journal which helps them heal and understand a side of their mother that daughters never know.

That side of your parents that you forget existed long before you were born.... The side of them you don't ever quite get to know.

This novel is also about how a spouse, daughters, sisters and a family heal together after the death of someone who is unique and special to each and every single one of them in different ways.

In many ways this novel is about how even after death, life goes on... and it can be quite wonderful at times and painfully devastating...


Grade: A-

No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...