Monday, July 21, 2008

Hope's Boy: A Memoir by Andrew Bridge


Hope's Boy is the story of a boy in the foster care system who despite all odds makes it. Andy's story is among many of those in the neglected foster care system.

I wanted much more from his novel... I felt as though many aspects were glossed over and I was left with many questions. However I've kept in mind that this is a memoir and telling one's story can be difficult and it isn't always easy to anticipate what your audience will be left wanting to know.

Hope's boy can be quite intriguing at times and at other times, slow and agonizing. Yet this is a story that should be shared because Andrew used his past to help improve the future for children in today's foster care. Who better to be an advocate than someone who understands what it's like being just a case number in a faulty system.



Grade: C+




No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...