Friday, September 13, 2024

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris


I read Dead Until Dark back in December of 2008. While browsing Libby I came across an audio version of the book and figured I'd revisit it. I am glad I did! I forgot how clever and fun Sookie is and how Harris has a knack for developing her characters rather quickly. 

The plot is well developed and I love how supernatural elements were revealed. In this first book we learn about Sookie Stackhouse and how Vampire are not only real but have rights as legal citizens. Sookie can read minds but when she meets Bill the Vampire she learns that she can't hear him! This not only intrigues here but makes it possible for her to relax around him and form a close relationship.

You never quite know whats going to happen. I had forgotten myself! I'll likely read more books in the series and maybe I'll like the more than previously did. 



No comments:

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris

I read Dead Until Dark back in December of 2008. While browsing Libby I came across an audio version of the book and figured I'd revisit...