Wednesday, August 7, 2024

One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid


Emma and Jesse are high school sweethearts. They have built a life
together far away from their family and friends. They travel and go on adventures together. Despite it being their one year anniversary Jesse goes on an adventure and the helicopter he is on goes missing. Jesse is declared dead. 

The death of her husband is profound and in order to put her life back together Emma quits her job and moves back home. Years after Jesses death Emma runs into an old schoolmate and friend named Sam.  Emma and Sam find themselves falling in love with one another and become engaged. Shortly after Jesse is back from the dead and Emma has to figure out who and what she wants in her life. Will it be Sam or Jesse?

The love stories in this book are so touching and incredibly sweet. Love triangles are not usually my thing but this one works. You want both men to have their happiness with Emma and know that only one can this leaves you anxious and on edge. This book broke my heart but it also gave me the ending I wanted. 


No comments:

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris

I read Dead Until Dark back in December of 2008. While browsing Libby I came across an audio version of the book and figured I'd revisit...