Sunday, July 16, 2023

The Other Woman | by Jane Green

 Jane Green is one of the authors who's books I pick up without reading the synopsis. I go in without any background knowledge and just start reading. Imagine my surprise when I found out "the other woman" was a mom and not a "other woman". 

Ellie has just gotten engaged to Dan. She's never really had a close family dynamic of her own and as a result she is excited to join the close knitted Copper Clan. Dan's mother, Linda is welcoming and makes Ellie feel part of the family but soon Ellie becomes less than thrilled with her soon to be mother in law and she takes over wedding plans and becomes immersed into their lives. 

This book is told from Ellie's point of view and there are often times that I find her to be unlikable and a spoiled brat! This makes her character real and helps the story carry forward and in believable manner. I actually like Linda more than Ellie and side with Dan but that's part of what makes the book entertaining.

Super easy read for the hot days of summer. 
 

No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...