Saturday, June 17, 2023

I'm Glad My Mom Died | by Jennette McCurdy

 I keep hearing about this book. I have never seen iCarly or any other show that Jennette McCurdy has been in but the accolades for this book are so high I felt compelled to pick it up and give it a try. I can attest that you don't know to know McCurdy's work in order to appreciate this book. McCurdy is an excellent writer and her life story flows off the pages. 

Jennette's life has been incredibly difficult. Her relationship with her mother is based on abuse which results in McCurdy abusing herself via eating disorders and drinking. Her memoir details her life as she starts off in the entertainment industry, her time in the industry and her journey into finding her peace. 

This is a honest read with an emotional punch. 

No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...