Thursday, April 13, 2023

It Starts With Us by Colleen Hoover



It Starts With Us is the second book in the It Ends With Us series. I highly suggest you read the books in order.  

Lily and Ryle are no longer a couple. The are divorced and working at co parenting their daughter. Everything seems to be going well until Atlas an old flame of Lily's come into the picture.   The development of this relationships creates issue between Lily and Ryle. 

The book explores the different aspects in each relationship. Some beautiful and some cringy and slightly frightening. Hoover reveals Atlas's past making him an even more likeable character. 

I don't usually go for romance novels or even like them but I have found that I enjoy this series. I is an easy read with an emotional punch. Hoover knows how to make unlikable characters likable and sympathetic all while making you hate them.  


 

No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...