Friday, January 20, 2023

Spare by Prince Harry The Duke of Sussex

The Royal Family has always fascinated me. I cried when Princess Diana died. I woke up extra early to watch Prince William getting married and slept in when Prince Harry did. I had no idea who Meghan Markle was and I didn't really care. I was just happy for Harry. Then ----  things started to unravel,  rumours ran about and things got complicated and controversial.  The Queen died and then Harry's book  came out.  

I was given a free copy and found myself intrigued and interested. I feel sympathy for William and Harry and the heavy burdens the have been given in life.  They lead unordinary lives and have always been in the spotlight. They have been hounded by the press and have millions of people making judgments and opinions on them (myself included).

I have a lot of thoughts, feelings and opinions on this book. Harry reveals information but some of it went too far and should have remained unwritten. Some parts of his book are interesting and others not so much. One could even call some sections boring.  I did learn a lot about Harry and about the royal family  (some good and some not so good) but I had to remind myself that there are three sides to every story and this is only one side. 

Harry is human and imperfect just like me and you. To grown up and be known as the "Spare" is brutal but to air your family's dirty laundry for the world to read is brash. 

No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...