Friday, November 18, 2022

The Midnight Library by Matt Haig

 Midnight Library is absolutely better than I thought it was going to be. It put me through an emotional whirlwind. It is a unique take on what happens when we are hanging between the veils of life and death.

 It's about having the opportunity to take the path you didn't and experience the outcome of it. It's a chance to see what your life would have been like if you had done x rather than y. To see how it not only affects your life but also the lives of those around you. 

Midnight Library had me thinking about the different choices I've made in my life and wondering how I would be different as a person had I made other choices. Choices I am thankful I did not make but perhaps that is ignorance is bliss on my part because in general I am happy with my life. 

Nora Seed is tired of living and decides to end her life. She ends up in a library full of never ending books. Each book is her life and it shows the outcome of the choice she made. She gets to play out these different lives in an effort to figure out what life makes her the happiest and the most fulfilled. 

Haig has developed a magical world, a world that I hope exists. Nora is a well developed character and each of her story lines are well written and portray the choices she made beautifully. The writing is phenomenal and left me feeling like I lost an old friend when I closed the book.  This book made me a fan of Matt Haig. This is a book you do not want to miss out on! 



No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...