Thursday, September 15, 2022

Christopher's Diary: Secrets of Foxworth (The Diaries Series Book 1) by V.C. Andrews

 Apparently, I read this book back in 2016! I had no idea I had read it until it started to seem slightly familiar. I did a quick search on my blog and it found that I had indeed read it. HERE is my review from back then. My opinion has changed a bit since then. 

I do like it a bit more however I think it's because I am reading the other books in the series days/weeks apart rather than years. I think having a recent reference from the other books to pull from makes the read more interesting. 

This book is about a young women named Kristen who along with her boyfriend reads Christopher Dollangangers diary that has been found in a metal box on a construction site. The diary details the time the Dollanganger children spend in the attic from Chris's point of view not Cathy's view as we get in The Flowers in the Attic. 

The reader gets to understand the character of Chris more, a character I always liked. Don't read this book thinking it is all about  Chris's diary because it's not. It's just snippets of his diary mixed in with the story of our main character Kristen, who is quite likable. 

This book can be read in a day and if you enjoy the series this book may very well be worth your read. 

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...