Monday, July 11, 2022

True Biz by Sara Novic

 River Valley School is for the deaf. Our main character, Charlie is a new transfer and she is experiencing culture shock as she has never met another deaf person until now. Austin is the golden boy who's family has generations of deafness amongst them until his little sister is born hearing. February is the headmistress of the school who is dealing with personal and professional crisis's. 

The story is told from the perspective of Charlie and February. The story itself isn't very interesting and the characters are quite bland.  I couldn't connect to any of them. The book is about 200 pages too long. I had to force myself to finish it. I went in with high hopes. I wanted to learned and be immersed into the deaf culture and while it happens to a degree it  just fall flat. The book is all over the place and disjointed.

It just wasn't my cup of tea.





No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...