Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Darling Girl: A Novel of Peter Pan By Liz Michalsk

 I have never been a huge fan of Disney or fairy tales. The only knowledge, I had of Peter Pan was the name of a few of the characters and Wendy's blue dress. It was a blue dress, right or was it a blue nightgown? Despite this I found myself interested in reading this novel. I felt having little to no background information on the story of Peter Pan would benefit me and it did as I really ended up enjoying this read. If you like. The Lunar Chronicles Series by Marissa Meyer you might enjoy this one despite it being quite different.

Holly Darling is the granddaughter of Wendy Darling. She is aware of her family background (to a degree) and when her daughter who is in a comma goes missing, she knows that Peter Pan is somehow involved and she has to find him. 

Stories unravel, deep secrets surface and when realism and fantasy join together the read becomes entertaining yet dark. There is so much darkness and quite a few moments that might be triggers for some so read with caution if you have triggers. 



No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...