Monday, May 30, 2022

Are You There God is it me Margaret? By Judy Blume

It's been decades since I've read this book. Time has played with my memory because I didn't remember most of it but I still found myself enjoying the read and wondering if today's teens read it. 

Margaret our main character is almost 12 years old. Her family has just moved from NY to NJ. She quickly makes friends with a group of girls who from a secret club in which they can talk about boys, growing up and their changing bodies. 

Margaret also explores religion. Her parents don't practice and she is trying to find her place and relationship with G*d since her friends and family practice different religions. The religion aspect doesn't push religion which is a huge relief. 

I was never in a hurry or anxious to get my period or wear a bra so I found the group of girls in this book who were so anxious to for it to happen to them rather interesting. 

This book isn't about religion so if you are a crazy religious nut pass on this book or it will trigger you. The is a coming of age book and the things that come with it such as curiosity about the human body and trying to understand the changes and feelings that go with it. 


No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...