Friday, January 28, 2022

Things I Should Have Said by Jamie Lynn Spears

 There has been so much controversy and talk regarding this book that I felt compelled to read it. Jamie Lynn Spears is the little sister of Britney Spears. This is her story, her experience. She opens up about her family and the things that have shaped her life. 

There has been a lot of negative reviews of this book but I think it's likely because people haven't read it. They are making judgment calls. The book is about Jamie not Britney. Britney makes appearances because she is Jamie's big sister. Most of it is positive with a bit of negativity mixed in but that is to be expected as they are siblings. 

Jamie's book talks about personal details in her life such as relationships she has with others including romantic ones, her time of  Zoey 101 and  her daughter's near death. She is vulnerable and her book makes me think that all the Spears children are victims of their parent and are dealing with it in a variety of ways.  I believe both Spears women have their own truths and this is Jamie's.



No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...