Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Ashen Winter by Mike Mullin


 Ashen Winter is the second installation in the Ashfall series. It has been six long months since Yellowstone's super volcano has erupted. Alex and Darla are living with his relatives.  Life is hard and the fallout from the eruption is in full affect. Alex has been waiting for his parents to return  but can no longer wait and decides go look for them. 

The journey proves to be difficult and unsafe but this book can't met up to the energy of the first novel, Ashfall. It's tedious, long and boring. I felt like I was trudging thru ashfall in order to finish this book. I don't know if I will read the conclusion despite the cliffhanger. 




No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...