Wednesday, August 11, 2021

The Initial Insult (The Initial Insult, #1) by Mindy McGinnis



 I was given the opportunity to listen to the audio book of, The Initial Insult but was unable get into to it so I picked up a copy of the book and I'm thankful I did because this read took me on a rollercoaster. 

Tress Montor used to have an ideal life. A happy life. She had a best friend, a lovely home and her parents then one night her parents disappeared. Now she lives with her drunk, cantankerous grandfather, who runs a wild animal attraction. Her one idea life is messy in more ways than one. 

Her old best friend, Felicity  was the last person with her parents before they went missing. The friendship is broken and Tress has a plan up her sleeves to find out what Felicity knows about her parents missing. The plan is rather sinister.

They story flips back and forth between past and present day. McGinnis has a unique writing style and will keep you captivated. The book's ending isn't exactly satisfying but I think that's because there is a sequel. I can't wait to read it! 

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...