Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Later by Stephen King

Stephen King is one of those authors I have always read. I was reading his books before I should of and scaring myself half to death when I was in single digits but that didn't stop me from cracking open book after book. I am addicted to his mind thrilling novels and would love to live just a day in his mind to see how he thinks!

Later follows, Jamie Conklin. Jamie sees dead people but not like that kid in The Sixth Sense! He can also talk to them. His mom knows his secret but asked him to keep it under wraps. His "gift" can be traumatizing or harmless and sometimes he can use the information to help others but it could cost him. 

Later takes place in NYC and is only 248 pages! It's a one day read, two tops! It moves at a fast pace and a wee bit frightening! The twist ending his a plus! This is one King book you will want to read, it's a bit thriller, a bit horror with  a mix of  detective work! 

Can we also talk about the cover? I love it! Reminds me of older book covers by King. 


No comments:

Before We Were Strangers by Renee Carlino

 Grace and Matt met during their senior year at NYU. They became quick friends, formed a strong bond and feel in love. College graduation, c...