Monday, December 7, 2020

To Selena, With Love by Chris Pérez

This is my second time reading, To Selena, With Love.  This time around I was much more emotionally invested. Not sure if it's because I am older or because I have more life experiences. I am assuming it's a mix of both. 

We all know how their story ends but we didn't really know how it started until now, until this book. 

Chris Perez without a doubt loved Selena and his love for her pours off the pages as does the heartache. This private glimpse into his life with his beloved wife shows the world a glimpse of who she and who they were behind closed doors. 

Chris also divulges details of their public life including the day she was murdered. The last two chapters deal with it and you find yourself holding your breath waiting for a different outcome but alas nothing changes and Chris whoes lose is deeper than anyone's plays over and over again. 



No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...