Monday, October 5, 2020

Welcome to the United States of Anxiety - by Jen Lancaster

 What did I just read? What happened to Jen Lancaster? I feel that reading her books these days are a hit and miss. This one is is a mixed bag of peanuts.

Jen is still clever but something is amiss. I can't quite figure it out either. She's still snarky (which I love), she still 'her"but for lack of a better word, she rambles on and on and on and ...  

I have to ask if she just writing for the sake of writing? 

Her use of Maslow’s Hierarchy is rather interesting and her footnotes reflect the research put into it the book. They are rather educating and interesting but I miss the "old" Jen. 





No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...