Sunday, May 10, 2020

#FashionVictim by Amina Akhtar


Oh.. goodness. I really struggled to finish this novel. I can't pinpoint exactly what took me so long. I kept putting this book down and revisiting it at a later date. I would read a little bit and then put it aside and pick up a different book (I tend to read 2-3 books at a time). It wasn't that it wasn't easy to follow because it was, in fact at one point I went a entire month without reading it and was able to pick it back up and know exactly what was going on. The story line is easy enough to follow and the characters are all hateful but I felt very "blah" about the read yet needed to know what was going to transpire.

The plot is all over the place. The main character Anya is a hot mess and the portrayal of people in the fashion industry left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I kept wanting to scream this S!*& doesn't happen in the real world - your ass would be in HR so fast your head would spin. It all felt a bit forced.

This is basically about a girl named Anya who is bat shit crazy who has an unhealthy obsessed with her co-worker and works in the fashion industry. Anya wants Sarah to not only wants to be her best friend but to be HER. It's about her psychotic breakdown and doing whatever it takes to get to the top even if it means killing others.

No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...