Sunday, February 10, 2019

My Love Story by Tina Turner

Tina Turner is an inspiration. Her newest memoir is incredibly candid. She reflects on her past as a young child and her time with Ike. Most importantly she revisits her relationship with her husband and how it blossomed to what it is today. 
I found the background information regarding her music incredibly intriguing and was surprised to find out that initially she didn't' care for one of her hit songs. She covers her heath issues, her wedding (finally!) and her last tour.

Her optimis jumps off the pages and her tenacity for life is what has made it possible for her to overcome all her hurdles in life.

If you pick up one book on Tina Turner let it be this one. She proves that achieving your dreams can be possible. This is a well written fast paced book. There are no "boring" or slow moments. I was and am just an average fan and this novel made me see who she is and like her as a person and not just an entertainer. 

My only hope is that when I am 79, I have the same energy and zeal for life.


No comments:

Young Rich Widows (The Widows #1) by Kimberly Belle

Young Rich Widows starts off strong! Four partners of a prominent law firm are on a private jet that crashes outside of New York. Four women...