Willowdean Dickson is a self proclaimed "fat girl". Her mother is a former beauty queen and runs the Miss Clover City beauty pageant. Willowdean loves Dolly Parton and lives in Texas. Willowdean is mourning the death of her beloved Aunt and in her memory decides to enter the beauty pageant.
The beauty pageant turns out to be a lot more work and energy than she anticipated. Friendships and relationships are explored and laughs are a plenty. Willowdean is a quirky, fun character who I could have easily been friends with High School.
This is a super fast easy read that teaches courage and confidence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hollow Bones |By Jodi Picoult
Expected Publication Date: September 26. 2026 Molly Fitzgerald was only two months old when her mom had an appointment at the World Trade Ce...
-
I read Columbine many many years ago and for some reason this tragedy has been on my mind leading to me revisiting this book. I remember b...
-
Expected Publication Date: September 26. 2026 Molly Fitzgerald was only two months old when her mom had an appointment at the World Trade Ce...

No comments:
Post a Comment