Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fledgling by Octavia E. Butler

Fledgling is an absolutely wonderful vampire book that breaks many of the stereotypical vampire folk-lore. These new, novel concepts add depth and entertainment to the story line. However, I must admit that there are a few "old" concepts that I miss but the writing and story kept me to entertained.

This different take on vamps will excite you however you will be left longing for much of the mythological aspects we've come to expect and love from the likes of Joss Whedon and Stephenie Meyer.

This is the first novel, I have read by Butler and I am intrigued and will be reading more of her published books in the very near future. Her new twist on vampire life is captivating and you will be hooked from page one until the very end.

Butler has given us a whole different world and a new take on vamps but sadly she died tragically in 2006 and a sequel will not happen.



Grade: A

No comments:

Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing | by Matthew Perry

The death of Matthew Perry was the first time I cried for a celebrity. I've been saddened before but this one hit hard. Maybe it's b...